January, February, March
My first month really living with my boyfriend! I moved into the apartment in December once I finished up my quarter in Bellingham, and had the chance to finally settle down. Began student teaching, which was postponed multiple times due both to the university coordinator's ineptitude and an ice storm. Student teaching galore! Was asked what my plans for Valentine's Day were, and when I responded that I was going to go to an Ethiopian cooking class, my students wanted to know if I was going to be cooking Ethiopian aphrodisiacs. Hilarious.
April, May, June
Drove down to surprise my mom for her birthday. Enjoyed spring break, celebrated my future sister-in-law's birthday with a girls' spa night, and honored the anniversary of my would-be future father-in-law's with a weekend at the beach. Taught units on Romeo and Juliet, The Lord of the Flies, and writing research papers. Completed my student teaching internship, and got my teaching permit!
July, August
These two months get their own heading. Took a girls' trip to Vegas, ate at casino buffets, saw the Blue Man Group, and went clubbing for really the only time in 2012. Got my first bout of stomach flu of the year. Went to Toronto for a week, where I got to visit a friend from high school, and meet for the first time I gal I've been friends online with since my junior year of high school. Graduated with my master's! Celebrated my oldest brother's wedding! Got a job!
September, October
Went wine tasting with friends. Was blown away by the support of my administration and co-workers, was honored by a student who asked me to chaperone him onto the field during senior night at the football game. Got engaged!
Tried to figure out how to be a teacher. Sank into grading hell.
November, December
Started planning a wedding. Asked some of my best friends to be a part of our ceremony. Turned 27 - yikes! Spent my first Christmas away from my family, and my first one with my future in-laws. Got my second bout of stomach flu. Honored a close friend at her baby shower. Took engagement pictures. Celebrated the holidays with great food and even better company.
Here's to seeing what 2013 has in store. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment